Thursday, April 15, 2010

Thursday's Thoughts

I'm lucky, really. Do you have a very best friend? Someone you make sure never misses a beat in your life? Someone you even make sure approves an outfit or big purchase before you buy it? I do... and while it should be my husband, I can't say I seek his approval on purchases since I try to race home to sneak packages off the front door step when I haven't exactly told him about some purchases... I do have a best friend like that. Her name is Jordan. And, lucky for me, we both have jobs where we can g-chat. And boy, do we g-chat. I wish you could read some of our random messages throughout the day; someday, I may copy and paste one, but then, I may lose you as a friend after you see the randomness of our conversations. Recently, however, we have been g-chatting fashion. See, in college I would walk into Jordan's room before a big night out and she would quickly let me know she did not approve of my outfit. However, she recently g-chatted me that she --- this is BIG --- now finds me to be fashionable and knowledgeable towards style. I was shocked. That is huge, coming from Jordan! Well, that started the search for the shoes... Do you see these pretties?

Yep, she got 'em! After days of g-chatting, internet searching, and discount digging (which we really didn't find one), she ordered them. I was just happy to be part of the search after her revelation of my apparent new founded stylishness. But no, we weren't done. Then... she got this:

If you keep up with the celebutantes, the tabloids, and latest names, you are probably salivating right now over her purchases. I am. Then we started talking about what is on my wish list. I told her Ikat is all the rage right now, especially Ikat tunics, and it's on my list. So, I thought I'd share. Have you noticed the Ikat obsession of late? It's not new, by any means. Ikat fabrics themselves have been centuries in the making, and there is a certain Ikat fabric (see the Indigo blue & white pillow below?) that I have been stalking for about a year and half now. If I had the funds, I would do a whole room in it. I love it THAT much.
Ikat

Ikat

Ikat isn't new to fashion, it's been showing up on styles for a couple years now. But have you caught onto the Ikat Tunic rage? Oh my, they're Eeeevvverywhere this season! So, there you have it. If you happen to bee-bopping down the street, run into my husband, and he mentions he'd like to buy me a happy, point him to anything Ikat. I'll love it, I promise.
(Ikat set above compliments of me and my googling prowess via Polyvore)

No comments:

Post a Comment